I was recently on The Weather Channel (.com) and noticed a list of things you "must" do before you die. Seriously? Seriously, I read the top five before I realized I would never do ANY of these things.
So I decided to make my own list:
Naturally, you have to be a believer and follower of Jesus Christ in order to follow this list. . . because without Jesus Christ . . . . what's the point anyway?
10. Stop limiting yourself with your own set of "stupid rules". Jesus died so you could be free, so stop . . .stopping Him.
9. Praise in church. Don't just go through the motions. You can do it! Let go of whatever you are holding on to and just worship at church! It will give you such a release you will be excited to go to church each week!
8. Laugh. No really, I can't tell you the number of believers who think it is NOT okay to laugh!
7. Pay for the car behind you in the drive-through line. This random act of kindness will put a smile on your face. It's easy, just ask the cashier how much their bill is and tell them you are taking care of it.
6. Listen to a friend share their problems without adding anything from your own life experience. Sometimes people just want you to listen . . . period.
5. Travel to another country on a mission trip. Travel for travel's sake is fine, but before you die you need to try this one at least once.
4. Pray with intensity and sincerity. This will change your heart more than any trip around the world can.
3. Volunteer regularly at your local church. The more involved you are with your own local body of believers the more connected to God you will feel.
2. Volunteer at a shelter or soup kitchen. This will make you immensely grateful for the blessings you have while helping others.
1. Lead someone to Christ. This will actually make a difference in someone's life for eternity.
Just sayin' if you do any of these things before YOU die . . . it will really make a difference and it will be way better than swimming with dolphins for 1 day.