Well, with all the jumping through hoops and whatnot, to try to get moved over to my own DOMAIN NAME I think I am finally done. I am glad that blogger.com redirects all my users for me, but it is causing some issues with Networked Blogs. So for those of you wanting to try it out. I would say don’t be afraid, but be aware that the other connections to your blog may have issues with redirects.
Santa bought my domain name from Network Solutions because that’s where we manage all the websites we host. So I don’t know how much trouble it would be to go through a different provider.
I followed the instructions from Blogger Help, and basically it worked. You have to be aware that it may take up to 48 hours to make the changes, and you need to be patient until your changes have been made at the DNS level. Then you have to be ready to make the publishing switch on your blogger account.
Email me if you are still scared or if you have questions, I may be able to help.
Now here’s something we hope you’ll really like!!!
First is Hilary's Follow Friday Four Fill-In at Feeling Beachie!
Hillary says: I would LOVE it if you could please help me spread the word about this hop!
This week’s statements:
1. I find it very difficult to stay focused _________________
2. No matter how hard I try, I really can’t stand to __________________
3. My significant other is ______________________
4. I wish ___________ would stop _______________________
If you want to play along just fill in the blanks and follow the rules at Feeling Beachie.
Here’s my answers:
1. I find it very difficult to stay focused when I am online.
2. No matter how hard I try, I really can’t stand to hear the newest slang word D-bag. (except spelled out) Kids at my house say Duffle Bag instead.
3. My significant other is planning to take me to the movies tonight.
4. I wish Congress would stop killing our country.
Next is Five Question Friday from Mama M. at My Little Life.
This HOP is a great way to get to know each other better and to meet new friends! If you click on the button, it'll take you right over there to join in the fun!
Questions for Friday, August 5th:
1. Do you have siblings and are you close with them? I have one of each. I live too far away from them too! My brother is 2 years younger and lives with my mom. My sister is 5 years younger and lives just a few minutes from my mom . . . and where do I live 12 hours away!
2. Would you rather be slightly UNDER weight or slightly OVER weight?
I would rather be slightly under weight . . . but sadly . . .
I am slightly over!
3. What's your favorite State Fair food to splurge on?
Not a big State Fair person, but Blossom Festival I really loved the Texas Twister I got!! It’s a combination of all these different fruits, lemons, limes, berries all swirled together in a juicer . . .mmmmm delish!
4. What are your thoughts on your kid(s) going to school in a few weeks? Hallelujah! Hallelujah! I don’t have anymore kids in school (except college), Santa and I just strolled right past the school supply list at the front of our Walmart. Free as birds!
5. Pool or Ocean?
For swimming? Pool! POOL! For swimming! For hanging out! Pool, pool, pool. I hate sand!